Sealed bids for Chickasaw Senior Community will be received by Franklin Housing Authority at the FHA Community Center, 100 Spring Street, Franklin TN 37064 on March 30, 2018, at 11:00 a.m., and then publicly opened and read aloud. Prior to the opening of the envelope, the names of all contractors listed shall be read aloud and incorporated into the bid.
The scope of the building construction will be a 3-story, 48 unit, Independent Senior Living Facility comprising 48,000 sf. Construction TYPE- VA- wood framed with brick veneer, fiber cementitious siding, and asphalt shingle roofing. The project will also consist of site grading, drainage, erosion control, on-site utilities, landscape, base stone and paving for roadways and parking areas.
The plans, specifications, and other contract documents may be examined at the following locations:
|James + Associates Engineers & Planners, Inc.
One Vantage Way, STE E-220
Nashville, TN 37228
|Nashville Office of Minority Business Enterprise
Builders Exchange of Tennessee
|Franklin Housing Authority
200 Spring Street
Franklin, TN 37064
Bidding documents may be obtained from James + Associates Engineers & Planners, Inc., One Vantage Way, Suite E-220, Nashville, TN 37228. A deposit of $200.00 is required from prime bidders for one set of Bidding Documents. Prime bidders tendering a bonafide bid, except the successful contractor, will be refunded their full deposit less $100.00 upon return of the bidding documents in good condition within 14 days after bid opening. Prime bidders not tendering a bonafide bid will be refunded their full deposit less $100.00 upon return of the bidding documents. No refunds will be issued for bidding documents received after the 14 day period. All bid deposit checks or drafts shall be made payable to James + Associates Engineers & Planners, Inc.
Extra sets of bidding documents will be furnished to prime bidders for a deposit of $200.00, one-half of which will be refunded if the bidding instruments are returned within 14 days after bid opening. No refunds will be issued for bidding documents received after the 14 day period. All bid deposit checks or drafts shall be made payable to James + Associates Engineers & Planners, Inc.
A deposit of $200.00 is required from subcontractors and material suppliers for each set of bidding documents. Subcontractors and material suppliers will be refunded $100.00 of their deposit upon return of the bidding documents in good condition with in 14 days after bid opening. Partial sets will not be issued. No refunds will be issued for bidding documents received after the 14 day period. All bid deposit checks or drafts shall be made payable to James + Associates Engineers & Planners, Inc.
All bidders must be licensed Contractors as required by the Contractors Licensing Act of 1994 (TCA Title 62, Chapter 6) of the General Assembly of the State of Tennessee. No bid will be opened unless the outside of the sealed envelope containing the bid provides the following information:
- The contractor’s name, license number, the date of the license’s expiration, and quotation of that part of his classification applying to the bid. In the case of joint ventures, this information must be provided by each party submitting the bid.
- The name, license number, expiration date thereof, and license classification of the contractor applying to bid for the masonry contract where the total cost of the materials and labor for the masonry portion of the construction project exceeds one hundred thousand dollars ($100,000).
- The name, license number, expiration date thereof, and license classification of the contractor applying to bid for the electrical, plumbing, heating, ventilation, or air conditioning contracts when such contractor’s portion of the construction project exceeds twenty-five thousand dollars ($25,000).
- For each vertical closed loop geothermal heating and cooling project, the company name, department of environment and conservation license number, classification (G, L or G,L) and the expiration date, when the geothermal portion of the construction project exceeds twenty-five thousand dollars ($25,000).
- Prime contractor bidders who are to perform the masonry portion of the construction project which exceeds one hundred thousand dollars ($100,000), materials and labor, the electrical, plumbing, heating, ventilation or air conditioning or the geothermal heating and cooling must be so designated. If the subcontract does not exceed $25,000.00 for the above-mentioned categories or $100,000.00 for masonry work, the general contractor must certify to this effect, in writing, on the outside of the Bid Envelope.
- Only one (1) contractor in each of the classifications listed above shall be written on the bid envelope or provided within the electronic bid document.
Each prime bidder must deposit with his bid security in the amount of 5 percent of the bid. Bid Bonds and Performance and Payment Bonds must be secured by a guaranty or a surety company listed in the latest issue of U.S. Treasury Circular 570 and shall be within the maximum amount specified for such company in said Circular 570. The “Bid Bond” and the “Performance and Payment Bond” must be issued by a surety company authorized to do business in the state where the project is located, and must be listed in U.S. Treasure Circular No. 570.
Attention is called to the fact that no less than the minimum salaries and wages set forth in the Contract Documents must be paid on this project. The Contract will be subject to the “Section 3” Clause of the Housing and Urban Development Act of 1968, see Document 00 72 00, Page 14, calling for utilization of low-income businesses and individuals from the project area where feasible.
Bidders must comply with the President’s Executive Order Nos. 11246 and 11375, which prohibit discrimination in employment regarding race, creed, color, sex, or national origin. Bidders must comply with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the Anti-Kickback Act, and the Contract Work Hour Standard Act. Bidders must certify that they do not, and will not, maintain or provide for the employees any facilities that are segregated on a basis of race, color, creed, sex, or national origin. Attention is called to the goals and timetables for minority and female participation.
The right is reserved to reject any or all bids or to waive any informalities in the bidding. No bidder may withdraw his bid within 60 days after the actual date of the opening thereof.
Bids transmitted prior to the bid opening shall be submitted in care of:
Derwin Jackson, Executive Director
Franklin Housing Authority
200 Spring Street
Franklin, TN 37064
At 1:00 p.m. on March 19, 2018, a Pre-Bid Conference will be held at the Community Center of Franklin Housing Authority, 100 Spring Street, Franklin, TN 37064, for the purpose of answering questions bidders may have and to consider any suggestions they may wish to make concerning the project.
FRANKLIN HOUSING AUTHORITY
By: Derwin Jackson, Executive Director
Date: March 9, 2018